Shout out to a favorite blogger of mine! This is a great way to get your blog out there:)
Hey Y’all! I don’t know if you’ve noticed but spring is almost here. Personally, I can’t believe that it’s already March! It seems like just yesterday everyone in my Southern town was freaking out over black ice lol.
Spring is a time for rebirth, renewal, starting over, and turning over a new page. It seems like everything around us is bursting into bloom and life is just overflowing. To get us all in the spring mood I thought I’d share my spring bucket list so here we goooooo…
- Plant a basic garden. Gardening is something that I long to have more knowledge of. The art of growing and preparing one’s own food is becoming lost very quickly. Let’s fix this!
- Blog consistently. This spring, I really want to get better about blogging on a schedule and being consistent. Be on the look out for more info about what this “schedule” will be;)
- Discover a new musician. I love music so, so much. Sometimes I feel like I tend to stick with the same few artists that I feel comfortable with. Hopefully I’ll be able to broaden my horizons a bit.
- Plant a tea garden. Recently I have become a bit of a tea fanatic. The idea of growing my own tea and experimenting with different flavors really appeals to me so I thought I’d try it.
- Rise early. Ok so I am defiantly NOT a morning person. I’ve tried many times to break my bad habit of sleeping late, but I must say its a constant struggle lol.
- Read the Bible everyday. Typically this is something that I’m pretty good about. Recently I’ve noticed myself growing farther away from this mandatory habit. When I am constantly reading my Bible it really keeps me focused on Christ and helps me stay at peace.
- Keep my school life organized. As a high school student I must say that organization is definitely a work in progress. Being homeschooled, I am responsible for keeping up with most of my work so it’s definitely something that I need to work at more.
- Run 3.2 miles (5k) in 25 minutes. This is really just a goal I’m trying to reach by summer. Spring is such a great time to be outdoors as well, which makes running less gruesome.
- Hike more/ Spend more time outdoors. I have been blessed to live in the gorgeous mountains of North Georgia for most of my life. Spring in my area involves a lot of hiking, preparing for gardens, and just lots of outdoor fun. After winter I’m definitely ready for all of the above.
- Maintain healthy relationships. Relationships are such an important aspect of life. Spending time with people who bring out the best in you and prioritizing who those people are is very important.
Thank you so much for reading! Comment and let me know what little things you do to get ready for spring:)
“Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.”
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
Hey y’all! If you’re new here, well welcome Little Things and Sunshine! If you’ve visited before, welcome back;) Today I wanted to talk about how important it is for one to be their own, original self. In today’s world we all want to look, live, dress, and simply be like everyone else. The truth is, that person that you’re dreaming of being like or that life that you’re wishing you could live is so very flawed. Believe it or not, being the flawed, unique, and slightly crazy you that you are is the most beautiful person that you can be.
Here are 5 quotes to help inspire you to be yourself…
1. “Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.” ~ Wayne W. Deer
2. “By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” ~ Edwin Elliot
3. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” ~ Coco Chanel
4. “Do what you feel in you heart to be right for you’ll be criticized anyway.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “Be yourself; everyone is already taken.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Have a great weekend!
P.S. For more inspirational quotes go to my homepage and click Little Rambles.