Life isn’t always filled with simplicity, happiness, and contentment. There are so many times of intense sorrow and heartbreak. Many of us just can’t seem to find joy even when life is at its best. There is just so much that can’t be explained and simply doesn’t make sense. It is times like these that God uses to bring us closer to Him. A lot of people would ask, “How could a loving God let me feel such a lack of joy?” During the periods of depression, it is so easy to fall into that trap that Satan sets. Suffering is such a gift. It reminds us of how broken we humans really are and forces us to depend on Him.
I put together a list if quotes, verses, and song excerpts that really help me during rough patches. Let these words of wisdom bring peace and contentment to your heart. Remember that while Our Father does promise Christians hardship, He also promises that He won’t give you too heavy of a load.
1. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeline L’Engle
2. “No pow’r of Hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hands; till He returns or calls me home- here in the pow’r of Christ I stand!”- In Christ Alone, Keith and Kristyn Getty
3. “This is my comfort, my consolation, and my breath of fresh air in the midst of my depression and loss, Your Word nourishes and repairs me, it revives my life and your promises restore me and make me whole.” – Psalm 119:50
4.”God will let you walk into uncomfortable situations where ALL you can do in rely on Him. Don’t be anxious. He’s about to show you He is faithful.” – Brittney Moses
5. “O death, where is your sting? O Hell, where is your victory? O Church, come stand in the light. Our God is not dead-He’s alive!” – Christ is Risen, Matt Maher
6. “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” – 1 Peter 1:7
7. “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.”- Isaiah 41:10
Well I hope that these help you as much as they do me. Do you have a devotion or Bible study that has made an impact in your life? Let me know in the comments!
Have a blessed week,